Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Timberjack 660D log skidder,trans MODEL 137HR33624-5,SERIAL…

timberjack 660D log skidder,trans MODEL...
timberjack 660D log skidder,trans MODEL 137HR33624-5,SERIAL NO CUSAI8335I,UNABLE TO RELEASE HANDBRAKE,JUST RECONNED CHARGE PUMP AND HYDRAULIC PUMP but handbrake will not release
7/18/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. The hand brake lever is stuck pulled up engaged? Could you please provide more details? Sounds like possibly the handbrake is engaged too tight under tension and the tension is what is causing the difficulty releasing the brake. Will the machine rock back and forth to help relieve some of the tension? if there were more leverage does it help? Let me know

There are no cables on the handbrakes on 660d models, they are electric over hydraulic. The machine weighs 19.5 tonnes so pretty difficult to rock.

Hi John, I was going by your post refering to the hand brake. so you have the park brake switch which ties into the shift controller and disables the transmission until the park brake switch is released. The terminology hand brake threw me off. I worked for a Timberjack dealer and a Deere dealer I had no way of looking up your serial number information. I was thinking you had the older style with a hand brake lever next to the seat and I wasnt saying to rock the machine by pushing it. If it were the older cable style youd bypass the switch and shift forward/reverse with the service brake applied to help release any tension on the brake but for the cable style system. Anyway, since this is not a hand brake system and a park brake switch is the brake indicator going out when released? Check the switch and harness for power to the solenoid. If okay and the solenoid is working but the brake does not release, the seals can be bypassing internally.

Try manually releasing the brake ( its spring applied and pressure released) by teeing in with a porta power and gauge. Pump to 300 PSI- 350-PSI to release the brake. Let me know

Thanks Dan, we'll give that a try. Will let you know

Pleasure to help

Hi John, Did you get this resolved?

Dan, Technician