Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I'm about as good on the computer as i am pulling wrenches..

Customer Question

hi pearl.. I'm about as good on the computer as i am pulling wrenches.. i have a ford 4500 4 cylinder with a backhoe ,, i had this old machine for about 20 years and it has been a good unit.. but last fall i went to drive it up a steep hill and the trans sort of locked up and even the inching pedel gave any relief.. so i just left it and am just now trying to make it go.. so far i drained the trans oil and checked the screen.. but i was wondering if there was a simple idea i can try before i get ready to remove the trans cover… i'm near rockford illinois
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should know?
Customer: well i'm not sure about the age of the tractor , but it has the 10 speed selectospeed trans
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well i'm afraid i pushed the wrong thing and i don't ant to join this program.. i'm an old 80 year old that thinks i just made another bad mistake… sorry john ****
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will try to help you with this

Hello John, was there any metal in the screen

was it dirty , ,let me know