Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

How do you remove the swivel pot from a deere 450c

Customer Question
how do you remove the...
how do you remove the swivel pot from a john deere 450c
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/13/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is it you are referring to as the swivel pot?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The round pot on the back hoe where the hydraulic hoses go into. Its about 10 inches tall and 8 inches around. I have a significant leak coming from above it somewhere. I have the o rings to replace in the pot. It has several large bolts going thru it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is what the parts guy at john deere called it.

Okay so you have the 450C excavator then. They made a 450C dozer and crawler loader as well. Sounds like you are referring to the rotary manifold that is under the base of the boom to the right of the operators cab if I am not mistaken. This is also known as the swivel but I never used the words swivel pot. It could just be a geographical thing where the dealer is located. ill post a picture shortly and let me know if we have the correct part so i can tell you the removal process

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, its the 450c crawler with a 4 in one bucket on the front and a backhoe on the back. The canister thats leaking is below and in front of where you sit, about 10 inches above the ground. If you look at a picture of the backhoe from the side its obvious as its the only round part on the backhoe part.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not going to call and keep being nickel and dimmed with no answer. I was guaranteed after the first $5 I would have an answer with balance due after resolution, I guess I have been charged the balance with no answer. I have a picture I can text to you if you need that.

Hi, I am not an employee of the site. i have a repair business and help on here as time allows and nights when available. We can post back and forth as needed but I am not sitting at the computer all day waiting for responses

If this is part of the backhoe attachment there will be a model number for the backhoe. That is an add on. Get me the numbers from the metal tag. I am showing at least three model options. Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The only number I could read on the metal tag is 039042T. A number cast on the boom of the backhoe is T47071. Thanks

i tried with those numbers and they wont pull up unfortunately. Click on this link for the online parts catalog. Enter 450c and then click on your machine catalog from the three options. Go to sectional index. You will then see the options of backhoes for this machine. Let me know which matches yours. this way I know exactly what you have. I have an afternoon appointment but will follow up on my next available login.

JD Parts

Dan, Technician