Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 9500 Deere combine n it won't start code coming on

Customer Question

Hello I have a 9500 John Deere combine n it won't start code coming on 034e
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: It sounds like it's not getting enough fuel shots down before engine runs normal codes are coming up 041e n 034e any help on that?
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: The diesel pump was bad so we repaired it and put it back on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also 037e just came up
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Bare with me while I look up these codes.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

37E is for the fuel temp sensor on the side of the injection pump. It has a knurled aluminum nut with 2 wires . Commonly the wires corrode and break off the top at the nut or a failed sensor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It looks all good there
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

CODE ECU 31, 34, 53

Fuel injection pump rack position error

Have your John Deere Dealer repair as soon as possible

Engine does not start, runs erratically, or possible power changes

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

CODE ECU 41

Start signal missing

Have your John Deere Dealer repair at earliest convenience, if not caused by key switch operation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so there's nothing I could do myself there has to do the dealer?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Take a very close look at the wiring harness for damaged or corroded pins in the connectors.

Check to see if the ecu harness to engine harness connector is badly corroded. Look next to the bottom rear corner of your hydraulic reservoir for a round black connector and inspect for green corroded pins inside which is common. The damaged pins can be replaced. Install dielectric grease in the connectors. If this is your problem you can repair this yourself if you purchase the connector pins and the crimping tool.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The other option is to bypass the connector with heat shrink connectors temporarily but it is best to repair any corroded pins so you still have a removable connector. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright I'll check that n let you know later.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help.