Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2005, JD-5525, 4-WD. On 2 separate occasions this…

Customer Question
I have a 2005, JD-5525...
I have a 2005, JD-5525, 4-WD. On 2 separate occasions this week while mowing pastures this has happened: The tractor will run and mow perfectly for 3 to 4 hours then all at once the hydraulics (front and rear), power steering, transmission stops working and the tractor rolls to a stop. The engine continues to run fine, the engine, starter, and electrical systems are not affected.
I leave the tractor where it stopped overnight, come back the next morning and everything is working properly. The hydraulic, steering, and transmission/gears are fine. I start the tractor and mow approximately 30 minutes and the same thing happens to the hydraulics, steering, and transmission.
There does not seem to be any leakage in the hydraulic reservoir, could it be the hydraulic pump stopping at a certain temperature?
Thanks for your help,
Chris in Ennis, Texas
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/6/2016
Mechanic: John Oliver,
 replied 6 years ago
John Oliver

good morning chris my name is John

have you noticed what the temp of the oil is? there are bypass valves in the system that will trip off if temps get to hot. radiator and oil cooler clean? its very easy to have them plug when your out mowing