Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Ihave a jd 1050 that i replaced the dual stage clutch and i

Customer Question

ihave a jd 1050 that i replaced the dual stage clutch and i cant get the tractor back together. when i broke the tractor apart the clutch pto shaft came out with it and it doesnt look like it is going back in far enough about 3/4 of an inch witch is about how much the tractor needs to go back together can you help me
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Have you loosened the bolts, enggaed the pto and turned the pto output with wrench, to see if rotating the inner shafts will let the input shaft drop into place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what bolts are you talking about i have turned both the clutch and the output shafts and inguaged the pto several times while turning the shafts
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I assumed you had the engine bolted to the clutch housing with long bolts.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

pull the side cover and bottom cover on the transmission and see if you can get shaft into coupler where it mates. See link above. May have to remove the top cover and the three point housing. It mates with the coupler in the rear idler shaft. See link below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have and everything else known the clutch pto shaft is not going far enough in the transmission shaft i have measured the length on the alignment tool to the shafts
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you see the coupler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have removed the shifter cover and an access cover in front even looked with a camera cant find anything wrong
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the pto input shaft going to the coupler?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see question still open, did you get it aligned?