Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a husqvarna zero turn 54 inch hydrosatic it goes

Customer Question
forward fine but weak in...
i have a husqvarna zero turn 54 inch hydrosatic it goes forward fine but weak in reverse
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/1/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Model number? If the transmission works fine in forward, most likely the reverse linkage needs adjustment, so it will move the transmission lever further. Just a manner of needs more travel in reverse. The more travel of the lever, the faster the mower will move.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have to get the model number but I have adjusted the linkage by the manuals instructions I bought the mower used when I first bought it it was one wheel that wouldn't move backwards at all so I tried the jacking up and it started to move a very little but real weak but couldn't get it strong

ONe wheel only? You say forward is ok? Did you work the lever on the transmission manually when you had it in the air?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was only one wheel but both is moving slow now in reverse and yes forward is fine ... What do u mea manually
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you asking did I disconnect the lever and go straight to trans

remove the linkage and work the lever by hand.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did try that but I didn't try it in the prime process

If you don't have good speed in reverse with unit up, and manually moving the lever, then there is internal problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How can I tell if all the air is out of systems

If the transmission runs fine in forward, it has no air in it. Have you tried to add any fluid?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
20-50 oil so do u think the problem is in pumps or the parts that wheel bolt to
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can u rebuild them

The pump section , has a swash plate, that makes the directional change. That would be where problem lies. They are rebuildable, but not an easy job!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand what exactly could go wrong with a awash plate
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u have a diagram of a pump

Not without your model number!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'll get it

OK

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Where would it be located because stickers has worn off the side

Look under the seat for model number.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Under seat has 3 number
s# *****
V# *****
C#104584

Ok, numbers don't work.. What engine is this, Briggs. Kawasaki or Kohler, what horse power? Year model?? We will have to just make a good guess.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kawasaki

Horsepower? Year model estimate? ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rz5424 model I think it's 04 26 hp
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kawasaki FH721V-AS26 engine

I find the complete transmissions, but no breakdown for the parts. Looks to be Hydro Gear transmission, ZC-DUBB-3D8C-2WPX

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/part/universal/025059 my pumps are made like this
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will Lucas oil hurt the pumps if I used some in it

No Lucas oil will not hurt the transmissions.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician