Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

1953 Ford NAA Replaced clutch and pressure plate also throw…

Customer Question
1953 Ford NAA Replaced clutch...
1953 Ford NAA Replaced clutch and pressure plate also throw out bearing. we have put tractor back together and can not get the throw out bearing and collar to push the clutch open or disingageed is there something wrong with the throw out bearing fork ? or shaft all worked well before assemble
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/26/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

no adjustent! Did you have the fork off the shaft, it is keyed to the shaft? All adjustments are on the outside linkage in the freeplay area. You want about a 1/2 of freeplay , less than an inch. Did you compare the new parts to the old parts for thickness?

Lever on the outside is moving the shaft? If inner shaft is moving, and no clutch engagement. You only choice is to split the tractor and check the inner parts. With older tractor, the flywheel may have been surfaced and the clutch may need to be matched, The pressure plate is adjustable for that, but has be done at installation.

Did you see my last response?