Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was mowing and when I stopped, took the pto out of gear…

Customer Question
I was mowing and...
I was mowing and when I stopped, took the pto out of gear and got off, the tractor died and won't restart. The starter will not turn over. I have checked both pto levers and they appear to be engaged. when the key is turned on and the seat switch is pushed in a relay on the engine clicks quickly and when the seat relay is released the relay slowly releases. I believe this has happened before but I thought maybe the pto wasn't completely disengaged when I got off, but the tractor did restart. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thank You
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/19/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hold key in start position, and wiggle the two pto levers , switch may not be making good contact.