John Oliver
John Oliver,
Experience:  manager at White Eagle Ag and Truck Services
93794869

My international 460 utility tractor has a 6 cylinder gas

Customer Question

My international 460 utility tractor has a 6 cylinder gas engine. I must leave the choke pulled full out to get it to stay running. any suggestions on why? This just started. I do not us the tractor much. I did clean out the gas sediment bowl to see if it was dirty but was not that bad. Seem like it is getting plenty of fuel to the carburetor.
Thanks
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.

hey harry my name is ***** ***** ill see what I can do to help you out. simply put the reason your having this issue is that there isn't enough gas getting to where it needs to be. first thing to check is that you have a good flow of gas to the carb. most likely the issue is that the gas has left deposits in the carb itself and gummed it up. sometimes you can get lucky and run an additive like K100 or sea foam threw it and it will clean itself up. if that isn't the case then you will need to get the carb rebuilt.

to help prevent this issue its a good idea to use an additive in the gas on a regular basis. the ethanol gas is a carbs worst enemy

hope this help Harry