Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I have aLX176 14hp mower that runs very good most of the

Customer Question

I have aLX176 14hp mower that runs very good most of the time.some times it starts to smoke then bickfires and quits running.then it will not crank for along time.Can you help me. Thanks ***** williams
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  John Oliver replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon Earl my name is ***** ***** are a number of things that can cause this so we need to narrow down the issue to a fuel or electrical issue.

have you done anything such as replaced the spark plug or checked your air filter? how does the engine oil smell? (can you smell gas)

fuel quality plays a huge part in this as well. if there is water in the fuel tank it will cause such an issue.

first thing (and the cheapest) I would try is replacing the spark plug and adding a fuel additive to the gas such as K100 or sea foam to see if that help clear this up

from there we can narrow down a few more things

hey Earl, any luck?