Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 1974/75 massey 135 tractor and am having trouble with the clutch. The clutch is engaged and will not release...

I have a 1974/75 massey...
I have a 1974/75 massey 135 tractor and am having trouble with the clutch. The clutch is engaged and will not release, the clutch has lots of pressure when you try to release it. Just wondering if you could advise me if this may be some thing internal.
6/5/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

All that is external is the linkage to the clutch. Everything else is internal, and if it does not release, and the pedal is hard, the inner clutch release bearing and pressure plate are stuck! Has it been working? Or has tractor been idle for a length of time? If it has been not in use, the clutch plate may be stuck to the flywheel, and may be unstuck by driving tractor in medium gear, with clutch pedal tied down and jerking the tractor with the brakes.

The tractor has sat idle for about six months (outside over the winter) I will try your suggestion and let you know how I make out. Thanks George.

Thank you!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician