Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Old manuals make tracking down difficult -equipment

Customer Question

Old manuals make tracking down difficult for non-equipment mechanics. Our understanding is that the blade raising / lowering is off an accessory pump. All other functions come off of the main unit. If changing out the filters I listed doesn't correct issue I would like next steps to troubleshoot and repair issue.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Coleen, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your machine serial number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure where the 1st part of question went...
We have an older Komatsu Dozer D155A-1 SN#23187. Last year when hydraulic oil became low, first noticeable system was ripper would not raise. This year after startup, all fluids full: ripper will not raise, blade will not tilt, and tracts will not move - Blade will raise and lower. We would like troubleshooting info on what issue might be. Ordered filters for hydraulic tank, steering filter, transmission filter; tracking down torque converter filter.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you likely have a pump failure on your hands. You will want to inspect your filters internally for fine metal/debris that looks like metallic glitter in the oil and filters which indicates a pump or component failure. If found the system needs to be flushed completely before running the replacement component to prevent cross contamination. Look for a plugged or restricted suction screen and also check the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for damaged o rings and debris.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Click on this link to access the tank diagram and full parts manual to help with the component locations and part numbers. Let me know

Parts Manual