Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My l100 starts, then cuts out like its not getting fuel. It

Customer Question

My l100 starts, then cuts out like its not getting fuel. It starts every time, runs for about 30 secs then stalls
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Check the fuel solenoid in the base of the carburetor, could it be loosing voltage, or loosing grip and shutting off the fuel to the main jet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I check that?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Listen for the click when engine is cold, by flipping the key on and off, then when it quits, listen for the click when you turn key on and off. If it does not click , it is not opening. No click, no fuel. It can be removed and the end cut off and re-installed as a dummy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It clicks. It sparked when I pulled connections and the key was in the start position
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

But you think it stays open ? after the 30 seconds? Next I would want to check the fuel supply to the carburetor, and then then the needle valve passage, to see if the bowl is getting plenty of fuel from the tank .