Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a john deere 8400 hooked to a 1770 24 row planter

Customer Question

We have a john deere 8400 hooked to a 1770 24 row planter and we have a problem with the hydraulic lines popping out and can't get them to stay in and we had the local dealership come out to fix it and ithe still does it
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Are you referring to quick connect fittings coming apart? If so the only fix is to replace both male and female ends unless there is another problem with excessive pressure in the circuit which can be confirmed with the use of hydraulic test gauges. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All tips and couplers have been replaced all 5 sets .
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. Verify your pressures are within specs and check for a restricted return in that circuit as well as a relief valve sticking causing too much pressure in the circuit. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A JD TECH finally came out Monday and said it was plumbed incorrectly or hooked up incorrectly all this time.
Humm, we purchased it from you an you hooked it up at the jd store?
He corrected the connection configuration.
Working so far. Thanks