Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I was using tractor in reverse. Made loud popping sound (almost

Customer Question
i was using tractor in...
i was using tractor in reverse. Made loud popping sound (almost like a gun shot). now not working. It turns on, but accelerator does not work.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/14/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
?? Engine runs ok, but the tractor will not drive in either direction? Will it roll in freewheel? Is the top pulley on the transmission turning, if viewed from under the fender with engine running?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi. Yes, the engine seems to run fine, but I can't get it to move forward or in reverse. When I put it on freewheel it rolls forward without a problem. Not sure what the top pully is, but but if I'm looking at the right thing, no it does not appear to be running.
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/0000/0000240380____________A1.gif
Belt runs from engine to the top of the transmission. No belt turning, no drive. Belt can be broken or the big tension spring may be broken.
http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/deere_110a_yellow_drive_belt.asp
Instruction for belt .above.
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician