Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 2003 new holland tn65d with a loader 4x4 pto stopped…

have a 2003 new holland...
have a 2003 new holland tn65d with a loader 4x4 pto stopped working checked all linkage ok fluid is full
5/10/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi Walt, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. What were the chain of events when the PTO stopped? Was this while engaged or it just would not work when trying to engage the PTO?
WAS WORKING GREAT BUSH HOGGED A FIELD, SET FOR 2 WEEKS WENT TO DO FIELD IT WOULDN,T ENGAGE CHECK ALL LINKAGE EVERYTHING IS MOVING LIGHT COME ON THE DASH FOR PTO USE, FUILD IS FULL AND CLEAN HAD FILTER CHANGED LAST YEAR. EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS GREAT HAS A LOADER IT WORK, REAR LIFT ARMS WORK, TRANSMISSION SHIFT FINE IT IS A HYRO MATICIS THERE A FUSE FOR PTO CHECK MY OWNER BOOK
There should be both a fuse and relay. Also verify power to the PTO solenoid.... Let me pull up some info
Correction, Your model is showing manual shift for PTO and only a speed sensor. Check your linkag from the PTO control lever to the Gearbox to be sure it is fully engaging. Maybe a sheared roll pin etc. Click this link below. If the linkage is okay then check for a PTO clutch or mechanical failure.PTO linkagePTO Linkage 2 for synchromeshClick the blue text above
it doesn,t have manual linkage, you pull the leveler it is a cable goes to a solenoid with lines going to the transmission
Thats what I initially thought and then went into the parts manual and it was showing something different. I am going to opt out and pass this on to other experts who might have the manuals or more troubleshooting information to help. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 6 years ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman
Your statement " you pull the leveler it is a cable goes to a solenoid with" is throwing me. do you mean switch? the FWA and Diff Lock solenoid valves are on the left side of the tractor behind the fuel tank. the FWA is the Front solenoid on the top of the valve, is the wiring harness plugged in? When the switch is in the OFF position there should be 12 vdc at the solenoid, when the switch is ON there is no voltage at the FWA solenoid. this allows the internal spring to engage the FWA output shaft.
MY PTO HAS A LEVEL THAT YOU PULL THERE IS A CABLE CONNECTED TO IT THAT GOES TO A VALVE UNDER THE TRACTOR AT THE BELL HOUSING, IN THE OF VALVE ARE 2 HYDRAULIC METAL HOSES THAT GO TO THE TRANSMISSION. THE LIGHT IN DASH FOR PTO LIGHT UP WHEN THE LEVELER IS PULLED.EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS HYDRAULIC WORKS FINE IT HAS A FRONT BUCKET IT WORKS, THE REAR HYDRAULIC ARMS WORK, THE TRANSMISSION WORK OK, THE ONLY THING THAT DOESN'T WORK IS THE PTO.
Does this tractor have a Power shuttle? Or could you provide the serial number then I can see just how this tractor is equiped?
Okay I found it. Perform the Checks in the attached, Made sure you are getting 12 vdc to the solenoid. and that the solenoid is magnetizing when in the on position.
is it possible that the control valve is stuck, can it be freed up?
It is possible but the solenoid valves can not be taken apart to be cleaned. Is theree 12 vdc to the solenoid? does the solenoid valve magnetize ?
Sorry, yes you could take the valve apart and see if it is moving smoothly, But first I would adjust the cable linkage to make sure it is moving the spool all the way.
I ALREADY ADJUSTED AND CHECK CABLE IT IS WORKING OK, THE SOLENOID VALVE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHERE IS IT LOCATED, IS IT IN THE FRONT OR REAR OF TRACTOR?
Sorry about that, this set up doesn't have the Solenoid valve. Different serial number, Please look at the attached.More on Adjustments, they have to be percise. and a Parts breakdown of the valve.
About the next thing would be to check the Pressure going to the Servo valve then to the PTO Clutch pack, see attached low pressure test
LOOKING AT THE PICTURES YOU SENT, IF THE CYLINDER IS STUCK IT WOULDN,T WORK, RIGHT, IT WILL MOVE UP AND DOWN BUT IT COULD BE IN THE DOWN POSTIONS. SORRY FOR ALL QUESTION I JUST WANT TO OUTSTAND HOW IT WORKS, I'M A MECHANIC BY TRADE WORK ON CARS AND TRUCKS, THIS IS NEW TO ME THANKS WALT
Yes you are correct. Thats why I sent the Pressure testing, You may have a low pressure problem.
THE TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBER IS###-##-####JUST TO MAKE SURE THANKS WALT
Thank you
dd85
dd85, Foreman