JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I own Cub Cadet Mdl. LTX104513RX91AT056 Problem will start

Customer Question

I own Cub Cadet Mdl. LTX104513RX91AT056
Problem will start and run for 10 seconds and shut down is over 5 years old and has less than 40 hrs run time . Fuel runs clear thru like new fuel filter , also installed new correct a spark plug and made sure the air filter was like new 2 weeks ago and the cub was running fine. went to start it up to cut grass and it kept shutting down almost immediately after starting?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
There is a solenoid in the base of the carburetor. it has to have 12 volts for engine to run. It should open with a click, as soon as you turn the key on. Do you hear it click? Is battery good, or do you have to jump unit?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with your question?