Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

How much PAG oil is used in a A/C system on a 8640? How much

Customer Question

How much PAG oil is used in a A/C system on a 8640? How much in the compressor? How much in the drier?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with thisyou don't add any to drier or system just compressor too much will reduce the cooling capacity add 8-9 oz to compressor , then evacuate to 300 microns or 90 min on the vacuum pump, then charge I hope this helped you Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My compressor locked up, is there anything else I should look into so I don't have any issues with the new one?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI Compressor usually lock up when there is a Freon leakand system runs dry , then go in a Vacuum, that burns the compressor out so yes check for leaks Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No leaks, both ports have the same pressure with it off. The compressor is about 12-14 years old and sat the last year hanging clutch end up while the engine was being rebuilt.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
HI OK, the oil went to the head then to the piston topand must have bent a rod from hydraulic lock Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pieces of metal visible and it's still locked up. Got a quick clean done and new installed. So far it's holding vacuum. Do you have the approximate weight of 134a reported to go in?
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi May not be metal if it bent Freon amount is 3.00 to 3.25 Lbs Hi If this helped you Please remember to rate my answer 3 or more starsIf more info is needed, use the reply buttonNOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you Please let me Know Wayne
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Did you get this issue resolved yet?I took the time to answer your question...please take the time to reply. Wayne