Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

I installed oil drain cocks or valves on my 3940. Yesterday

Customer Question

I installed oil drain cocks or valves on my 3940. Yesterday i was doing some heavy brush cutting,backing over the tall growth, cutting as i backed but right at the end i pulled over some tall debris and unknowingly opened the oil drain valves. i heard the engine start to knock and immediately i stopped it. After refilling with i started it and no knock was heared. did i kill my engine. what do i need to do.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** would start by draining the oil after you filled it back up and make sure there is not shiny metallic flakes in the oil if you do not see any flakes I would just refill the engine add a oil stabilizer like the LUCAS brand or any oil stabilizer from an auto parts store will do you should be ok you could check oil pressure if you have a gauge but since you stopped the engine when it started knocking you should not have damaged any components