Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

I just purchased a 9540 series cab tractor and my air is not

Customer Question

I just purchased a 9540 series cab tractor and my air is not cool coming into the cab . I have hooked up r-134 and gauge reads in red danger zone with engine and air on. Ihave checked fuses, all good .cleaned filters inside cab to no avail. A c Indicator light on on/off button does not light up and rec. light flashes sometime other times won't come on . Can you advise me what to do to help find the problem?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.
Does the compressor turn on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not appear to come on . I can mash the on/off switch and can't hear amen gone reaction. With the AV switch off the rec light will come on, but it goes out when the a switch is on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ment that to read, an engine reaction
We need to know if you can visually see the a/c clutch engage when you turn the a/c on you also might be to low on freon for the compressor to turn on have you tried charging the system with a can to see if the compressor will come on