Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a Kubota M5400 series tractor with shuttle shift. When

Customer Question
I have a Kubota M5400...
I have a Kubota M5400 series tractor with shuttle shift. When it's not running I can press the clutch and shift gears, but when it's running it will not. It can be running and I can put it in gear but I am not able to move from high, low, or reverse. If I have it in neutral I can move from high, low, or reverse. I have adjusted the clutch pedal and that did not help. Fluid is good. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/2/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Does the tractor pull or does the clutch slip? If tractor pulls good, and does not slip, just does not change gears?? How many hours on the tractor? Has clutch ever gave problems? When it will not shift, is it because the gears grind, or just will not let shift move?
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician