Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

My MMM will not lock up. I have adjusted the bolt on the

Customer Question

My MMM will not lock up. I have adjusted the bolt on the left side with no help. There seems to be a excessive amount of play in the cross rod where it goes through the frame and play in all the linkage.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Help me, what is MMM?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mid Mount Mower
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It won't mount?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What is mower model,it is not listed with the tractor ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you raise the mower deck all the way up you can lock it up by turning the depth adj knob to top. It will not turn to top. and again it appears that the linkage has exceesive play especially the cross rod.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, so it will not lock in the up position for transport. What is the mower model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RCK60B-23BX Are you familiar with the Kubota BX 25 and accessories
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

BX2660 is what I know better, but there is very little differnce in the two tractors. Let me take a quick look at the mower setup.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

See picture link. Are all the side mounting bolts tight? All pins in place? Are the lift arms coming up full travel . to lift the deck?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Linkage is all fixed, and has no adjustments, so either there are loose bolts, or linkage, or the three point arms are not coming up far enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Didn't find any loose bolts. As I said there seems to be a lot of play in the linkage but I don't know how much is too much.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

It is a loose fitting linkage, does the lift seem to move full travel? When was it last locked into position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will just continue with my tear down until I find something or figure out a way to tighten things up. Thanks for trying to help. Can I assume my card will not be charged.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I work from home, I have nothing to do with billing or site. You never answered if the three point is free to move full travel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Take a floor jack and raise up the deck to see if loft arms are moving far enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that. No help
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The rear linkage seems to be adjustable . I don't have tractor here to look at. It's at Brother in laws.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will go from here. Thank you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK> Thanks