Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Everything worked perfectly last week while shreading a

pasture. Model 4510. When to...
Everything worked perfectly last week while shreading a pasture. Model 4510. When to use it today and it fires up perfect, PTO works and all the hydraulics. It feels like it goes in gear but will not move. All three selectors are engaged.
3/20/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

4Wd tractor? Do you have the 4Wd engaged? Try it in two wheel and 4Wd positions. Will tractor roll, indicating the brakes are not locked?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
It is 4x4 and did try that, sorry should have said that. Brakes are no engaged. It stalls out if the brakes are engaged. It just keeps ideling when I let the clutch out

Do gears grind if you have clutch out and shift gears? Does the clutch pedal feel different?

You say it just idles? Engine will not rev up?

Clutch feels the same.Did not try to engage with clutch out. It does rev normally

Is this hydrostat model, or all mechanical transmission model?

hydrostat

Oil level correct? No leaks?

Oil level was normal and l see no sign of a leak

No problem before, just drove it up and parked it, and now will not drive.??

I would try to shift gears with clutch out, just to see if the gears grind. If no grinding, the main shaft is not turning. That would mean clutch is not engaging, or the hydrostat is not working. Is there a hydraulic pump mounted on the right front side of the engine? I think the hydraulic pump is separate from the hydrostat pump.

sirWill have to look tomorrow sir

OK> I will check back tomorrow. Good night.

Night

Morning!

Does not grind with the clutch out

So the shaft is not turning! Any kind of inspection plate under the clutch housing, where you can get a look at the shaft going from clutch to transmission area? If shaft is not turning, the clutch is stuck or stripped.