Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

JD 2320: Engine turns but won't start. The last time it did…

Customer Question
JD 2320: Engine turns but...
JD 2320: Engine turns but won't start. The last time it did run there was black smoke coming from the exhaust. Checked battery and even attempted to start it using a jump box, nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/7/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Is air cleaner plugged? Remove air filter and see if engine will fire. Is fule clean and not contaminated with gas? Could there have been gas added instead of diesel fuel?

Black smoke indicates no air, or too much fuel.

Check the fuel injection fuel shutoff, if you do not have fuel squirting at the injectors when you loosen high pressure injection line and crank. Any possible way that the fule could have gotten gas in it?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician