Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I need a service manual or repair help on a NorTrac 3500C…

Customer Question
I need a service...

I need a service manual or repair help on a NorTrac 3500C built by Northern Tool. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.

I need to know about location and more about the hydraulic pressure relief switch. Mine is stuck. I really would like a manual for this thing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/7/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

Hello I will try and help you. What type of Nortrac do you have?

Thank you. I have a Chinese Cat, they go by so many manes and numbers..... In the manual is says it uses these fluids
Fuel 7.4 gal
engine oil sump 1.6 gal
gearbox 2.9 gal
hydraulic system 6.8 gal
coolant 2.3 gal
final drives (each) .5 gal
So I can tell where the fuel and hydraulic fluid goes. What I need help with is what kinds of oil or fluids goes in the rest of the list and finding the places to put them. Can you assist? I can send pics of the cat if it would help.
If you think I should send you pictures before you call I will.
ok. i will wait to see what he says.
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Mike. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Can you post the complete model and serial number as listed on the ID tag?

Well it does not have an ID tag. On the case it says Workhorse. Here is a pic. These Chinese cats are sold by many names. THe book that came with it says TY395 Diesel Engine and D326 Operation Manual. If I could figure out what fluids go where I think I would have it.

Ok so besides fuel and oil and radiator coolant which would be at the top of the radiator for the fill the gearbox should have a dipstick below your feet area under the floor panel or a fill plug on the side of the case. The final drives should have a check/fill plug on the inside of both tracks between the sprocket and machine frame. There should be a check/fill plug for both sides. Let me know If you need to send pictures to confirm then that will be fine as well.