How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan Your Own Question
Dan, Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 5409
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Dan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a service manual or repair help on a NorTrac 3500C

Customer Question

I need a service manual or repair help on a NorTrac 3500C built by Northern Tool. Can you help?
JA: We'll do all we can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: I need to know about location and more about the hydraulic pressure relief switch. Mine is stuck. I really would like a manual for this thing.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will try and help you. What type of Nortrac do you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have a Chinese Cat, they go by so many manes and numbers..... In the manual is says it uses these fluids
Fuel 7.4 gal
engine oil sump 1.6 gal
gearbox 2.9 gal
hydraulic system 6.8 gal
coolant 2.3 gal
final drives (each) .5 gal
So I can tell where the fuel and hydraulic fluid goes. What I need help with is what kinds of oil or fluids goes in the rest of the list and finding the places to put them. Can you assist? I can send pics of the cat if it would help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you think I should send you pictures before you call I will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. i will wait to see what he says.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Can you post the complete model and serial number as listed on the ID tag?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it does not have an ID tag. On the case it says Workhorse. Here is a pic. These Chinese cats are sold by many names. THe book that came with it says TY395 Diesel Engine and D326 Operation Manual. If I could figure out what fluids go where I think I would have it.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok so besides fuel and oil and radiator coolant which would be at the top of the radiator for the fill the gearbox should have a dipstick below your feet area under the floor panel or a fill plug on the side of the case. The final drives should have a check/fill plug on the inside of both tracks between the sprocket and machine frame. There should be a check/fill plug for both sides. Let me know If you need to send pictures to confirm then that will be fine as well.