Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Kubota x900 transfer case broken on top see gears

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
this is the third unit to do this I have 4 others that are cracked in same area
2015 units being used in underground environment
3/6/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

What kind of gear case oil are they running? You may need to run a thinner oil being underground.

Kubota hydrostatic oil
there actually putting a hole in top of case
all the units are locked in 4by 4 now
the bearing and shaft are pushing up its actually break wear the brg goes into the case
units are a little lite duty for our application trying to save money should have went with mine ready version 3 times the price
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you tries an oil additive in a new gear case? Maybe lucas oil additive would help with the gear case over heating problem.

The transfer case is it overheating for some reason the years of being forced up and breaking the case
That should say gears
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I would try some of this into a gear case and see if it helps http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives/heavy-duty-oil-stabilizer

Have you checked the bearings to see if they are locked up?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Any update on you gear case problem?

Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin