Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

M68 kubota tractor transmission won't shift gears with

Customer Question
engine running. Changes fine with...
m68 kubota tractor transmission won't shift gears with engine running. Changes fine with engine shut down.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/3/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

M6800DT? What transmission? All manual, no Hyrdostat? Do you have 3/4 inch freeplay in the clutch pedal? How high is engine idle?Too high idle speed will keep transmission shafts turning and will not allow shifts.

4 speed trans with a creeper range and shuttle shifr

The 4 speed is what does not shift? Do you have clutch freeplay? And how high is idle speed?

4 speed trans with creeper range and regular range and forward and reverse shuttle shift. Clutch and idle ok. Tractor was working fine. Stop using tractor for 5 min and when started back you could not shift between 4 gears with engine running. Shut engine down you could shift between 4 gears crank back up and use normally until you need to change gears again.

No change in clutch feel? The throwout collar may not be pushing the pressure plate. Shaft moving into transmission when you push pedal?

Fork for throwout collar has to push the pressure plate to stop the clutch disc from turning, so transmission gears will shift. I don;t see any covers that can be removed to see the throwout collar. But you can remove the top transmission cover and watch the input shaft turning. It has to stop when the clutch is pressed. If not, the clutch is not working. Only repair would be to split tractor and get to the clutch parts.

Have you answered back yet????

Yes, twice!

Clutch seems to work normal. With engine shut down shift to desired gear...gear shifts in H pattern....mash clutch down start tractor ease off clutch tractor moves normally an works normally until you need to change gear up or down. Can not shift trans until engine is shut off.

Transmission shaft is still spinning, or gears would shift. Have you tired to adjust the clutch linkage to give it more push?