Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a JD 2305 HST that won't start, even today with warm…

Customer Question
I have a JD 2305...
I have a JD 2305 HST that won't start, even today with warm temps. Cranks, blowing blue smoke, but won't catch. This has been an on and off issue over the past year or two, and we've done all of the obvious maintenance - fuel is fresh and good. Planning to have the machine serviced but wondered if you had any ideas, or if you've heard of this issue before.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/28/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

do you have the block heater on this 3 cylinder

No block heater, but even in the summer warmth, the tractor was rough starting, chugging at first and blowing blue smoke.

HI

Sorry for the delay

you are saying a on going thing

I would like you to do next time, drop the filter and see if low on fuel

it should be spilling out when removed

Wayyne

if I understand correctly, you suspect something in the fuel line?

Hi

What I am getting at is low fuel pressure

or loss of fuel pressure , draining down

will it start right away if you use starting fluid