Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

The hydraulics went out on my 2009 Boomer T2220. I've tried

Customer Question
The hydraulics went out on...
The hydraulics went out on my 2009 Boomer T2220. I've tried to bleed the lines, there are no leaks, and the earlier fix I was given (to bleed the hydraulic lines) didn't work. I've checked connections, fuses, hoses, and have run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/26/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the filter for fine metal indicating a pump or component failure and if clean check the relief for sticking from debris and damaged o rings etc. Whats your serial number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm an idiot - rather- female. I did change the filter (when I figured out I had pulled out the hydraulic plug instead of the oil drain plug). What is the relief? Where is it? As far as the serial number, it's down on the tractor - about 100 yards away.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A little more background on this subject: The hydraulics on my boomer T2220 went out (seemingly) for no reason. I was changing the oil, and accidently pulled the hydraulic plug. It did drain for a bit. (I've done that before and haven't had any issues). After filling the hydraulic fluid back up and actually completing the oil change, Istarted the tractor up and the hydraulics wouldn't function. No leaky hoses, checked the fluids, checked the connections, checked the fuses. After leaving the tractor running for about 45 minutes yesterday, I was able to get the bucket to "twitch" but that was it. I'm not sure if leaving it running longer will do much good - but I don't know what else to check.

Thanks for the updated info. So you refilled with the correct oil and it is now full but no functions work? How about steering, the 3 point, or remote hydraulics? Is it just the front bucket not working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's full and raising the back blade and/or try to get the bucket to move doesn't work. I'm not sure what "remote hydraulics" are..

There is a suction screen towards the bottom of the transmission case that may be plugged with debris which is normally cleaned out when the oil is changed. also greasing the screen with some grease sometimes helps the system to re-prime and pick up the oil again. another thing to try is turn the steering wheel and hold it all the way in one direction and then try operating slowly another hydraulic function.

Remotes are your add ons.... some tractors have optional quick connect lines at the rear for your attachments. those would be considered remote hydraulics

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have NOT tried to see if the PTO runs or not. Should I try that? And if it doesn't work - what's the next thing to look for? I'm taking notes so that when I DO go down there I can have as much information as possible.

Yes try all functions and try holding the steering on either side to the end of travel or deadheaded its called and then try working your bucket controls gradually and your other functions to see if they will work. If not I would drain the oil into a very clean container for reuse and then check and clean the suction strained to see if it is plugged. Grease it on installation and try again

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I shall try your suggestions! thank you!

Pleasure to help. Let me know. We can post back and forth as needed. i log in as I am able throughout the day and eves for follow ups. Weekends my availability will be a little less but I will reply back on my next log in.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will do. Thanks!

Pleasure to help.

Dan, Technician