Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Tractor wont go out of forward

Customer Question

tractor wont go out of forward
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tractor goes forward and when you put in reverse and neutral it still goes forward no matter what you do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

What transmission do you have? CVT or hydrostat? Usually when you have the condition you describe, the forward clutch pack does not release , so even in neutral it trys to go forward. But usually when you go to reverse, it will almost lock up.??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not know the book they give me easy drive cvt transmission and what you said is right so what do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i need to do to get it to release
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I was just looking at the transmission. I really have no experience on this CVT transmission. I would assume it is electric shift for f/r , so the forward solenoid could be stuck. but i'm not sure of that, Let me opt out, and see if anyone else can help!. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the forward solenoid at and what do I do to it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know were the solenoid is so how do I fix it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is there a forward and reverse solenoid? If so, are they alike, swap them and see if problem stays, or changes to reverse. And you can check to see if the voltage is being dropped to the solenoid , when the shifter is moved from forward to reverse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
swaped forward and reverse solenoid same problem
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does voltage drop from forward when shifted to reverse, checked at the solenoids?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If voltage drops, then the problem is internal to the transmission, which will require tractor to be split!