Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Tractor wont go out of forward

Customer Question
tractor wont go out of forward
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
the tractor goes forward and when you put in reverse and neutral it still goes forward no matter what you do
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/25/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

What transmission do you have? CVT or hydrostat? Usually when you have the condition you describe, the forward clutch pack does not release , so even in neutral it trys to go forward. But usually when you go to reverse, it will almost lock up.??

i do not know the book they give me easy drive cvt transmission and what you said is right so what do
what do i need to do to get it to release

I was just looking at the transmission. I really have no experience on this CVT transmission. I would assume it is electric shift for f/r , so the forward solenoid could be stuck. but i'm not sure of that, Let me opt out, and see if anyone else can help!. Sorry.

where is the forward solenoid at and what do I do to it
I know were the solenoid is so how do I fix it

Is there a forward and reverse solenoid? If so, are they alike, swap them and see if problem stays, or changes to reverse. And you can check to see if the voltage is being dropped to the solenoid , when the shifter is moved from forward to reverse.

swaped forward and reverse solenoid same problem

Does voltage drop from forward when shifted to reverse, checked at the solenoids?

If voltage drops, then the problem is internal to the transmission, which will require tractor to be split!

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician