Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The Allis Chalmers AC 5050 rear lift arms are full down and…

Customer Question
The Allis Chalmers AC 5050...
The Allis Chalmers AC 5050 rear lift arms are full down and will not lift. No additional sound when actuating the lift lever up. I cannot even tell where a hydraulic fill/dipstick is. I also understand a valve may be stuck, but this is a borrowed trtactor from neighbor. He is not mechanical and he is out of town. I just mant to fix it. Can you help with a dip stick/fill location and the potential stuck valve location?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/22/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

The full/low transmission oil check , is two small plugs on the left side of the transmission housing. One above the other. The bottom one should have oil when removed, If no oil, replace plug and fill till it comes out the upper plug.

Here is link to Agco site.