Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Massey 230f won't start after fuel filter change, bled it…

Customer Question
massey 230f won't start after...
massey 230f won't start after fuel filter change, bled it and it will start occasionally but
does not run right. it will either run too fast or stall when the throttle is eased back. don
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/19/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

it takes several times to get the air out them Perkins,

you did fill the fuel filter with fresh clean fuel, Correct

i ran it for a half hour but it did not respond correctly to throttle.now will not start don

Thank you for that

was it low on fuel,

sounds like you may have picked up some trash from fuel tank

crack the injector lines loose at the injector

crank over make sure you have fuel coming out at lines

I could only get to one line to bleed which i did and manually worked the fuel pump. it started and runs well but still dies when
i lower the throttle real fast,don

HI

Sorry for the delay

I still believe you have some trash in the tank or the filter is sucking air

run a clear line from the return to the tank

see if you have bubbles in line, if yes, sucking air

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Hi

Just following up with you

did my answer help you

let me know, Please