Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have à b2420 with à 230kg disc harrow which extends out…

Customer Question
I have à b2420 with...
I have à b2420 with à 230kg disc harrow which extends out the back 1.5meter and i have 75kg on the front but the wheels are currently lifting ..... What is the maximum nose weight I van put on the front without doing damage
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/20/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

A LA340 loader for the B2420 has 350 KG weight capacity. So the front axle can handle that. So anything between 100 and 350 kg should work. Have you tried to water fill the front tires, that may be all you need.

Hi B
The problem I have is not the front axle but the fact that I have 230kg on the back and with the additional weight on the nose ...... I am told I could split the tractor.Therefore I am trying to find out with this combination what is the maximum weight I can put on the nose?Tim

I don't see tractor splitting! Adding weight to the front is no more harmful than having a front loader on the same tractor. Add weight equivalent to your wife!

Tim, did you see my last response?