Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Mine name is and I Run equipment repair nds in Syracuse New…

Customer Question
Hi, mine name is *****...
Hi, mine name is ***** ***** I Run equipment repair for Crouse hinds in Syracuse New York. I Have a sky jack Scissors lift model 3220 serial number 609364. The machine will not drive and steer at the same time unless I jack the front of machine and take pressure off front steer wheels. Also steers fine when standing still. I figured maybe it had low pressure so I replace Pump but no change. Also when it's in drive I did test for power to steer solenoids and seems to be fine. Any ideas??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/18/2016
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin

Hello my name is***** will try and help you with this. Is there any fault codes that come up on the display?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

LED lights should be blinking a code if it has one

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

LED light should be on lower controls panel bottom right hand corner

This unit doestrogen not have led trouble code system. Older model
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok does it raise and lower ok?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok let me locate an manual I will get back with you

Thanks
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you by chance took the steer valve out and looked at it made sure it was pulling in and out all the way and had no trash in it?

even switched with drive solenoid to see if there was any changes. As they are the same
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you tried adjusting the pressure relief valve?

There are 2 relief valves that I see lower right under steering valve I turned all the way in then all the way out with no change but I'll try again. The one at the top I believe is for the lowering
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Does it drive fine when just driving no steering?

Drives fine with no steering and steers fine with no driving. Unscrewed relief valve all the way nothing moves all way in drives but doesn't steer
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok does it have two steer cylinders or just one?

One
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

I would suspect the steer cylinder to be at fault you probably have fluid bypassing the piston inside the cylinder putting it in a bind

Would that allow it to work when the drive motor isn't on.
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

No it would not does it do this all the time or just when it has been worked a little while?

The steering works fine till the drive motors are going
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Is your manifold block aluminum?

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

more than likely it has a hairline crack inside of it allowing pressures to fluctuate when driving and steering at the same time.

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

are you going to replace the manifold?

but it's coming from the factory. Said about 2 weeks
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Ok let me know what happens. That is the only thing I can think of that is wrong. Do you agree? I have ran into to it before but it is rare.

I can't see where else I'd be loosing pressure we will see. Let you know when I've got done
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

ok sounds good.

Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Can you rate me? I dont know if they will keep the question open that long you can message me back when you complete the job so we can open the question back up with no charge

Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin