Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

The dinky --and FRAGILE-- lighted power switch that powers…

Customer Question
The dinky --and FRAGILE-- lighted...
The dinky --and FRAGILE-- lighted power switch that powers up the 3rd function valves just popped itself apart for the third time. I know I can buy a new one for roughly $140, but that's stupid for a simple little on-off switch. How can I just wire in a basic weatherproof toggle switch?
In other words, how can I identify the three wires coming up into that switch, so I know which wire is which?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/13/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Ray. My name is***** will be glad to help. There are a few ways to go about this. One is the obtain the electrical schematic to identify the switch connections and the wiring at the switch. The other way is using an OHM meter to test continuity of the switch in each position in comparison to a functioning switch on the tractor with the same configuration. Once you test the switch in both positions you will know which terminals have continuity and which do not in each position. Then you will match that with the replacement switch. Do you by chance have any numbers or info from the original switch or possibly the OEM part number?

Hi, did you get this resolved?