Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Auto feed quit working.

Customer Question
Auto feed quit working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/4/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check that the feed roller and drive coupling are in tact and not damaged, If ok check the hood safety switches as if any of the switches are bad or not activated, feed will not work. Check the harness and connectors too. Let me know

Drums are good and installed new safety switch. Could not fine any problem with harnesses.

Is the tach working properly? Try re-calibration of the tachometer and if recalibration does not wor you could have a faulty tach

Will never use this site again, no help at all.

Hi Tom, i worked for a Morbark dealer in the past and have first hand experience on these chippers. We can post back and forth as needed for you to get the information you need.... My last post was on the 4th... You never came back to ask for more info or say you even needed more help until today 11 days later.... Did you get this resolved or still having problems? Do you have a digital volt OHM meter and know how to use one?

Can you send info needed to check and reset program for auto feed?

Tom, There were several different style Tachs Morbark used on their chippers and this model. Morbark tech support is very good at walking you through the calibration process or faxing/e mailing over some info on this by your serial number. Click on this link and reach out to them with your serial number. run through the calibration steps for your style tach and if unsuccessful let me know as there might be other electrical problems such as a speed sensor, safety switch, harness problem etc causing your problems.

Here is the link.

Morbark