Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

I have a FL10C with low transmission pressure, have replaced

Customer Question
all the filters already, is...
I have a FL10C with low transmission pressure, have replaced all the filters already, is there a way to adjust the pressure?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you ever going to answer my last question?
Answered in 2 days by:
2/5/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Alan, My name is***** you still need help with this?

If so was there any fine metal, friction, or aluminum materiel in the filter or oil and suction screen?

Most of the time low pressure is a result of a worn pump, converter, or excessive internal leakage.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no metal in the oil. Looks fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The question was, can I adjust the pressure?

Transmission pressures are not adjustable, any shimming of the valve spools to attempt to raise pressure is not going to fix a low transmission pressure problem....Repair and replacement of the worn out pump unless pressure testing reveals other internal problems. So you want to increase pressures. Might I ask why? What are your current pressures?

What are you having troubles with with this machine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Low pressure in the transmission

Thanks for the update. What are your pressures reading in each gear position? What are you seeing for lube pressure?

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician