Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Over ten years of expirence in Ag Electronics and Hydraulics
32685367

I want to install a auto steer universal 200 to a. deere

Customer Question

Hi . I want to install a auto steer universal 200 to a. John deere 4760. What harness do I need to install it?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question.

If all you are looking to do is operate the ATU 200 for AutoTrac purposes then the most pratical harness is John Deere's mobile guidance harness BPF10302. This is a simple harness that allows you to connect directly to the tractors original three pin convenience outlet for power. It offers a plug for the ATU, original greenstar display and mobile processor plugs (PF90688 adapter harness for use with GS2 or GS3 displays), a seat switch plug, and a receiver plug. The harness is clean and compact, easily moved from tractor to tractor or even to ATV. You can purchase the harness in a kit that includes the universal receiver bracket kit, mobile guidance harness, and greenstar display harness.

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I also use BPF10139 or whats the difference?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

You can use BPF10139 also as it is designed to be compatible with seedstar planters or other implements requiring a ISO connector on the back of the tractor. The BPF10139 is a good deal more expensive then the BPF10302 so if you only need to AutoTrac I would go for the cheaper less cumbersome harness.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Does the Bpf10139 includes everything in need brackets and wiring except the atu 200 and display and receiver?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

The BPF10139 is only the cab harness. The PF90255 kit includes the BPF10139 harness, universal receiver bracket, ISO tap out harness, and a greenstar display bracket.

Keep me posted if you need additional information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But in the john deere catalog the Bpf10139 includes everything just the iso kit not. Right?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies you are correct, Deere does show it as a complete kit for $825. I had to look in the Deere configurator to get an accurate breakdown. The BPF10139 is the complete kit with the universal receiver bracket and display bracket.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I install it myself?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely. The position receiver bracket comes with assembly and installation instructions and takes only minutes to put together and install. The Greenstar display bracket will bolt onto a standard display bracket for a 60 series tractor. The hardest part about the whole install is getting the steering wheel off to put the ATU on. Because the steering wheel on 60 series tractors is a tapered spline it does often require a puller to remove. The harness just goes out the window to the receiver. As I mentioned before you will need an additional adapter harness for a GS2 or GS3 display as the universal guidance harness is setup for the older Brown Box displays.

Keep me posted if you have more questions,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the Bpf10139 kit but the installation instructions aren't clear. The one has only a picture and the other harness has just a paper that says to download is online but I don't get anywhere cause the has to be a user ID and password. Can you pass me the instructions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're on the tractor do I connect the pf90503 the 3 wires battery, switch and ground wires?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

My apologies on the delay as I was away for the day. I was not able to find the installation instructions but I can tell you the three wires and their connections. You should have one black, one orange, and one red. The red lead is un-switched power, orange is switched power, and black I ground. Let me know what else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I got it done already. I haven't connect the ATU yet is that why my receiver doesn't appear in my 2600 display?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Actually you should be able to see the receiver on the display even without the ATU. Do you have a Starfire 3000 receiver or an iTC?

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the itc. No signal and no receiver. What wrong?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

If the receiver is not showing up then it either lacks one of its power inputs (it requires both switched and an unstitched power supply) or it is lacking CAN communication. Do you have a two pin and or a four pin grey connector that is not plugged into anything? Also did the harness kit you received also include the ISO implement connector for the back of the tractor?

r

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. No I don't have the iso harness. There was a 2 pin and a 4 pin but there goes the PF80831 right?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Yes but there should be a terminator on the end of PF80831 that powers up the CAN bus. If the PF80831 is not used you would have a ISO connector that would tie into the harness at the same point with the ISO connector acting as the active terminator.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well I have the terminator connected and that's what's happening. What's next?

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

On your 2600 display press the menu in the bottom right corner followed by the "Display" icon. From the display page select the diagnostic book with the wrench and tell me what the CAN status is as well as what CAN high and CAN low voltages are reading.

If you haven't already done so lets cold boot the 2600 display. Let the display power all the way down and then unplug it. Turn the key back to run and plug the display back in. See if the receiver shows back up.

Let me know,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll check it tomorrow morning.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem, keep me posted.

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unswitched voltage 14.2

Switched voltage 14.3

CAN High voltage vehicle bus 3.0

CAN Low voltage vehicle bus. 1.6

CAN High voltage implement bus 3.0

CAN Low voltage implement bus 2.0

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

All your voltages are good, right where they should be. Check the plug at the receiver and look to see if any of the pins have pushed back. Also double check that the receiver is plugged in correctly as it is possible to flip the connector upside down and get it to plug in.

Do you have the ATU available where it could be plugged in to see if it will communicate?

Let me know,

Thanks,

Kevin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Everything looks good. I still don't have the atu.

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok, not a problem. Since we know that the CAN bus voltages are good then we either have a communication fault, a wiring problem, or the iTC is not powering up. Lets try checking for receiver updates Press the menu button followed by the message center button. Next press the A button (right top corner, second icon from the right side). Next look to see what software version the iTC receiver shows or if it even shows the iTC or a Receiver in that spot. If the Receiver does show up lets try reprograming it to see if it will show up in the menu list.

Keep me posted,

Kevin