Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a DK35 tractor with backhoe and front-end loader. I'm…

Customer Question
I have a DK35 tractor...
I have a DK35 tractor with backhoe and front-end loader. I'm trying to plow snow, but the tractor does not go forward much. It struggles to move forward. It will move when I put it in creep mode, but regular 1st gear it doesn't seem to have power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Robert, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the transmission oil filter after draining into a clean bucket for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal failure occurring. If found the tractor will have to be split for further inspection on the failed parts that will need to be replaced to repair the tractor. If it is clean then it could be a possible control valve problem. Will it engage forward in any gear? Does revers work in all speeds as normal?