Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 4100 tractor. During summer they gave me new…

Customer Question
I have a Deere 4100...
I have a Deere 4100 tractor. During summer they gave me new battery & some charging parts during $1400 service. Plowed the big snow yesterday in Philly suburbs, no problem. Today cleared to road ... couple hundred feet. Pushed the road plowed snow onto street, flipped on flashers and tractor totally died on the spot - 3/4 across the road.
Help pushed it back barely into my drive.
It's in neutral. Lights are switched off. I pulled each of the 4 fuses I can see, and none looks hurt, but maybe??? I have replacements. Tried starting (turned key) after pulling each fuse. I tried starting sitting on seat and off, and nothing happens. Unplugged front headlight wires.
When turning key the only indicator there is any power in lines is gas indicator goes from down to full.
I could run electric out there as I have plenty of cable and plug in battery charger. BUT would have thought if it ran 1.5hrs yesterday it would have charged. And that it died as I switched on lights.... Are there fuses beyond the 4 I can see inside the hood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/24/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

There is a fuse box in cab, main harness

so that is the same

I would say that your alternator is not charging

charge the battery for 3-4 hours

start and check the voltage at the battery , should be 13.2 v

if not replace the alternator

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service