Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and Farm Equipment Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Agriculture and Farm Equipment

, just purchased a JD 4440 and while feeding

Customer Question
Customer: Matt JA: Thanks. Can...
Customer: Matt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just purchased a JD 4440 and while feeding cattle and went to shift from park the transmission did not "engage" and was wondering were to start troubleshooting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/24/2016
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Matt, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First try to reset the parking brake and turn the IGN off and try again. If the problem remains check the parking brake switch and harness as well as your fuses and relays. If ok check your filter and oil for discoloration and signs of metal/debris indicating an internal problem or failure occurring. Let me know if we need to dig deeper into this

Dan, Technician