Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2007 Kubota M9000DTM Mudder (4 CYL, Turbo charged, inline…

Customer Question
2007 Kubota M9000DTM Mudder (4...
2007 Kubota M9000DTM Mudder (4 CYL, Turbo charged, inline injection pump, all mechanical engine) won't reach rated RPM. Here is my problem. This summer this tractor started loosing its ability to reach its rated RPMs and currently maxes out under WOT at around 1900-2000 RPMs, the rated RPMS are around 2500. The fuel return line feeds to the top of the fuel filler neck, and I just noticed that there is no fuel coming back idling and under load.Here is what I have done so far: Checked throttle linkage for full range of travel on injection pump = good. Changed air and fuel filters = no change in condition. Tested transfer pump = 3 - 5 psi (no spec. mentioned in the tech manual but I suspect this level of output is fine). Looked for black smoke under load = none. Visually inspected intake and exhaust lines / connection / gaskets = no abnormal signs.I am about to make a test line, and attach it to the transfer pump fuel inlet, and drop it back into the fuel tank filler opening and run test. Bypassing the tank outlet and the fuel strainer/filter.so my question is what do you suspect and how do you confirm it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/19/2016
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

transfer pump out should be between 8-12 lbs

so you are low , also good to test from a container

5 gal bucket, direct to transfer pump

let me know

transfer pump it is...thanks wayne!!

Morning

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer so I get credit for question

Wayne, Journeyman