Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  34 + years as a mechanic
6825259

2007 Kubota M9000DTM Mudder (4 CYL, Turbo charged, inline

Customer Question

2007 Kubota M9000DTM Mudder (4 CYL, Turbo charged, inline injection pump, all mechanical engine) won't reach rated RPM. Here is my problem. This summer this tractor started loosing its ability to reach its rated RPMs and currently maxes out under WOT at around 1900-2000 RPMs, the rated RPMS are around 2500. The fuel return line feeds to the top of the fuel filler neck, and I just noticed that there is no fuel coming back idling and under load.Here is what I have done so far: Checked throttle linkage for full range of travel on injection pump = good. Changed air and fuel filters = no change in condition. Tested transfer pump = 3 - 5 psi (no spec. mentioned in the tech manual but I suspect this level of output is fine). Looked for black smoke under load = none. Visually inspected intake and exhaust lines / connection / gaskets = no abnormal signs.I am about to make a test line, and attach it to the transfer pump fuel inlet, and drop it back into the fuel tank filler opening and run test. Bypassing the tank outlet and the fuel strainer/filter.so my question is what do you suspect and how do you confirm it?
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

transfer pump out should be between 8-12 lbs

so you are low , also good to test from a container

5 gal bucket, direct to transfer pump

let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
transfer pump it is...thanks wayne!!
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Morning

You are welcome

Please remember to rate my answer so I get credit for question