Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

, JD 4600 won't start. The person who had the tractor

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: JD 4600 won't start. The person who had the tractor before said sometimes the fuel solenoid won't engage when it's cold because where it's located fills with oil which is thick when cold. where is the fuel solenoid located so I can drain the oil out?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is engine turning, just not starting?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

# ***** is the fuel solenoid, slip it back and see if engine starts. It has to retract and stay retracted for start and run.