Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 62-63 2010 G utility. when I purchased it, the

wiring under the dash was...
I have a 62-63 2010 G utility. when I purchased it, the wiring under the dash was a mess. I put a new key switch on, ran the wiring and finally got the charge indicator light to go off. My starter/generator guy said the gen and regulator were working properly but looking at diagrams, said I didn't need to connect to the L lead on the Reg. There are no lights on the tractor so that harness set is not connected to the switch. Now, the last time I ran the tractor, at engine speed, the gen light glowed, becoming brighter at idle. I pulled the switch and found that a fuse link (not the resistor) on the switch had failed. What happened?
1/9/2016
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 6 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

2010 John Deere utility tractor, 1962 or 1963 Gas unit? Fuse link blows when there is an overload of the circuit, or a short. Are the wires in good shape, or do you have cracked and bare wires?

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/T588/T5885__________UN01JAN94.gif

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/RWP4/RWP4803________UN01JAN94.gif

Is tractor still 6 volts or 12 volts? Generator and not converted to alternator. It's easy to redo the electrical, and go to a single wire alternator, that requires only the wire to the battery.

Found some wires bare,Thanks!

Good Job! Please accept and rate to close.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician