Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

Is there any way to by-pass the emergency cut off sensors

Customer Question

Is there any way to by-pass the emergency cut off sensors for a Kubota tractor? We desperately need to start it to get it to a shop.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Does engine turn over, or do you get no starter action?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No starter action at all. It seems as those emergency sensors from the tractor seat, etc. shut down completely when the wires are broken. As I said I tried to reconnect with new wires, but no luck.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You an jump the starter solenoid and spin the engine. But for engine to start, you will need to remove the fuel shutoff solenoid, on the front of the engine, that has to retract for engine start. With it removed, engine will continue to run, until you use fuel shutoff lever to kill engine. Do you know how to jump at starter solenoid?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Positive battery cable will go direct to the starter solenoid, and there will be a single small terminal , that is the switch terminal, jump batter cable terminal to the switch terminal. This will spin starter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to look for the fuel solenoid. I am not sure we are talking about a 2011 Kubota tractor, which is what I have. I will get back to you after I try some other options and let you know if it is successful.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Will be this kind. I did look up the correct model.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went back to the tractor and the place I am talking about is between the engine and the transmission, the emergency sensors that shut the tractor down. I'm sorry this has been a futile experience.......I should have known that looking at the tractor itself was the only way to solve this problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will expect no charge to my card as the problem was not resolved. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

You wanted me to get tractor started so you could take it for service.????