Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
30244710

When trying to shift into gh range from low range, the

Customer Question

good morning, when trying to shift into high range from low range, the tractor grinds and wont stay in high range
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Jumps out of gear? You have a worn bearing or shaft on the high range side. Remove shifter cover and pry around on the shafts to see if there is a bad bearing or shaft with play. This will also let you see the shifting fork, to be sure it is not worn, and is letting gear move fully into mating gear/ Likely will be something that requires splitting the tractor to get to the parts to replace.!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Please respond here! This is from defective parts or from debris in the oi of the transmission casing excessive wear. From the Kioti's I have been around, their quality control is just not there! Defective parts, poor quality, and poor assembly!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I see my responses are showing as customer!