Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My 88 2110 Ford tractor developed a vibration when above

Customer Question

My 88 2110 Ford tractor developed a vibration when above 1000 rpms. Tore engine down, found nothing. Split tractor double clutch looks ok. Dynamic balancer fells and looks good.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nathan, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is this vibration only in neutral or while driving as well? Is it worse or better with the engine under a load? When the engine was torn down was the crank checked for balance and straightness by a machine shop. Id also have the Balancer checked for vibration as well and if any of the rubber looks hardened or cracking it should be replaced anyway. Let me know