How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Curtis B. Your Own Question
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Satisfied Customers: 3637
Experience:  Technican turned service manager on multiple lines of equipment and rental equipment.
Type Your Agriculture and Farm Equipment Question Here...
Curtis B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 5210 Deere with a 540 loader. The handle that

Customer Question

I have a 5210 John Deere with a 540 loader. The handle that operates tilt and upward motion is made out of plastic and broke. The replacement part on the lifting rod is made out of aluminum. I am trying to install the new part. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Loader valve is not dignified by tractor model. Is there any numbers on the loader or the loader valve? Typical loader valve control with single joystick will be replace able by removing the rubber cover, over joystick and unbolting the links for the controls.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to remove the rubber cover off the top without tearing it up. How do you take it off?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Has to come loose from the bottom. Should be just slipped around the top of the control section, and would pull up over the handle.