Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and farm equipment - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 1993 Deere 624G loader. When I drive it, I can turn

Customer Question

I have a 1993 John Deere 624G loader. When I drive it, I can turn the steering wheel and nothing happens initially. Without warning, the machine will then dart out in the direction that the wheel had been turned initially. In other words, the steering mechanism does not immediately respond to the turning of the steering wheel. Can you identify what might be causing this problem? Thank you very much!
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Likely you have a faulty steering orbital valve but also check the relief valves in the steering circuit for debris, damaged o rings or other damage as well and confirm you have no bypass of pressure within the steering cylinders. Let me know